Hey guys! It’s finally three days away from my trip to Europe and I couldn’t be any more excited! Because the trip is this weekend, I’ve decided to focus this post on “What to Wear to the Airport”. ( You might want to leave your Prada at home for this one!) It usually isn’t until the day before, when I start packing, that I try to figure out what pieces of clothing to put aside to wear to the airport. The number one rule of long flights such as to Europe is comfort. You want to make sure that you are comfortable enough to sit down for hours and not have to worry about any discomfort.
Top 5 things to look for when choosing what to wear to the airport:
- Comfort – Always make sure to be comfortable in order to walk throughout the airport and be able to sit down through the flight without any discomfort.
- Chic – Don’t sacrifice chic for comfort. You want to be comfortable but also look your best.
- Non-Favorite – You don’t want to wear any of your favorite pieces that might get ruin. You’ll never know who you’ll sit down next to on the plane and what can happen while you’re eating.
- Sweater/Jacket – Don’t forget to always carry a jacket or sweater. Although you may be traveling to a tropical location, the temperature on the plane or even in the airport can seriously call for some warmth!
- Simplicity – You don’t want to over do it. Wearing a shirt that may say “Here I come Mexico, where are my tacos?” can be tacky.
I’ve set up three of my favorite go-to outfits for what to wear to the airport. Each style is different from each other but they all follow the five rules of choosing an outfit to wear to the airport.
For the first look, we have a crop top paired up with a maxi skirt and some sandals. This outfit is super chic and yet super comfortable. Although, one might be hesitant to wear a skirt on a flight, maxi skirts are great because they give you the liberty to walk and not be cautious of over exposing any skin. This is a great look for the Summer time traveling somewhere warm.
For the second look, we see a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans styled with a white blouse and a light jacket. This trendy outfit is great for the Spring or Fall and the flats give the outfit that much more comfort. The great thing about boyfriend jeans is that they are not extremely tight and close to the skin. They give you just enough room to move around and be comfortable at the same time.
Finally, for the third look we have leggings paired with a loose shirt, a leather jacket and some flats. Unless you are Victoria Beckham or Kim Kardashian, you should stray away from wearing heels to the airport. Flats are always trendy and the most comfortable pair of shoes you can get. The model has paired this look with a fedora and a large scarf to make this simple outfit a little more trendy!
What do you usually wear to the airport?
If you’d like, checkout this amazing article on Airport Style by Glamour Magazine!