Nothing is like going out with your girls (or boys) on a hot summer day and having your pounds of make up sweat off your face. Trust me! It’s all happened to us before. When summer arrives, the hot weather can be very damaging to our make up and what’s the point of waisting it when its going to look bad anyway, right?
(Click the image on the right to read more about BB Creams)
Being a hijabi means I have to take every shortcut possible during the summer in order to not look like I am dying from the scorching heat that embodies all of our bodies. One thing I refrain from using in the summer is foundation. Unless you get tan and buy a foundation color to match every shade of your skin every time you lay in the sun, it’s just not worth it. BB Cream has been my go-to so far this summer.
You want your face to glow and you also want to show that beautiful summer tan you have, BB cream is perfect for the summer!
Blemish or beauty creams are tinted moisturizures that hydrate and even out skin tones. Allure Magazine said, they treat skin with antioxidants, offer broad-spectrum SPF and is one of the most versatile skin care and make-up product that promises to do its job.
Can you find another product that moisturizes, works as primer, sunscreen, skin treatment, concealer, and foundation?
Today it’s hard to find a a major beauty company that doesn’t carry a BB cream, from drug stores to high-end department-store cosmetic lines, you will find your perfect match. The question is how do you find the right one for your skin type? I went through this search for a while and found that the Maybelline ‘Dream Fresh’ BB Cream has been doing it’s job to my very liking!
Why do I love it? Because it makes it look natural while brightening my skin, evening out my reddish cheeks, and smoothes my face without the effects of looking oily or cakey.
After doing my research here are some recommendations given by some the best beauty magazines for finding your perfect BB Cream.
- For Oily Skin, Estée Lauder Daywear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35 will give you an oil-free foundation. It is a well-known shine reducer as well as has a sheer formula that adds a subtle glow. $39.00
- For dry skin, Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB Cream hydrates skin and makes your face more radiant over time. $39.00
- For sensitive skin, Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 will banish your imperfections. It contains caffeine to soften lines, and vitamin E and seaweed extract to control oil production and keep skin from breaking out with it’s simple formula. $37.00
- All Day Wear, Stila Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30, this beauty balm creates a matte finish, although it is a thicker formula, if blended with a light coat of foundation. It comes in one universal color, so it may not be suitable for everyone. $38.00
- Camera Ready Finish, Smash Box Camera Ready BB Cream for Face and Eyes has been one of Sephora’s best selling BB creams! After reading all the reviews about it, I could not find any bad thing about this cream and it is probably going to be my next pick up! $39.00 & $25.00
So, if you want to lighten up on your make up and try something new, try the BB creams. I really never thought of using anything other than my Matchmaster MAC foundation, but I was truly wrong. I love these BB creams and definitely recommend it for all our readers!